Monday, March 14, 2022

At 85mm

 I don't own an 85 mm prime lens, but I have a 55-200mm, so I set it at 85mm and decided to use that focal length for a quick shoot this morning at Collierville Town Square.


 I also decide to go monochrome.



 It was interesting just looking for detail in areas of this familiar place that I had not considered as subjects, especially ones that required me to move to capture, rather than zoom to do so. Of course it's nice to be able to move, to a better degree these days, even if that movement is still not what I would like. Hopefully, better days are yet to come.





 
Might be a good idea for another focal length for another day. This one was fun!

 

SHARE:

6 comments

  1. These are really good. Nice and sharp. I think deciding to make them mono was a good idea. Glad you are moving about 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I plan to do more like this - it really was fun. I can get around fairly well, but my legs still get numb if I stand for too long. Working on getting that taken care of in the near future.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. That water tower has been the focus of so many of my compositions - very thoughtful of the town to place it just so.

      Delete
  3. Nice shots John. It's always interesting to stick with one focal length for a series. They all work well here .... Now where's my "nifty fifty"?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Getting there, David - of course, my APS-C renders that to 75mm, really, but I won't tell if you don't.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig